Self-Introduction Letter

 Dear Professor Brad,

I am Karim, a student in your effective communications class. I am writing this letter as a self-introduction in great hopes that you become better acquainted with me. As a previous diploma graduate in Ngee Ann Polytechnic's Aerospace Technology course, I decided to venture further into my studies and pursue a degree in Mechanical Engineering at the Singapore Institute of Technology where I currently am to have a broader approach to engineering.

I believe my passion for engineering stems from my interests such as watching Formula 1. As an avid follower of the sport, I have a strong appreciation of the engineering that goes behind creating the fastest race cars on Earth. Every single minute detail of the car such as the aero pieces and the engine has been scrutinized in pursuit of perfection. This spurred me on to choose this path as it has opened my mind to the limitless boundaries of engineering.

In polytechnic, there was a myriad of opportunities to work with various individuals as well as present to different groups. I am therefore made well aware of my strengths and weaknesses. My strengths include the ability to communicate my ideas and knowledge with clarity to my groupmates during projects. My weakness, however, would be that I do not have the competence to consistently give good flowing presentations especially if it is littered with information as I will tend to blank out. This could be attributed to a lack of confidence when presenting. 

My aim for this module is to work on my weaknesses and develop myself into a more confident speaker and one who can continuously keep the audience listening and engaged. My unique trait of not giving up easily will no doubt aid me in achieving my goals.

I am thankful that you are taking your time to get to know your students better and I look forward to learning more from you.

Regards,

Karim


Peers who I have commented on:

1) Thiyagu

2) Matthew

3) Xunjia

4) Bryant

Comments

  1. Hi Karim, I like how passionate you felt about engineering and your hobby for formula 1 race cars. I don't know anything about Formula 1 race cars, I hope you can tell me more about them. Your letter is clear and well written, I like how it's flow. When you talk about your goals, I think you could elaborate more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Matthew

      Thank you for taking your time to read my letter. I will take note of the point you mentioned on elaborating my goals. I hope we get more opportunities to interact with each other

      Regards,
      Karim

      Delete
  2. Hi Karim. Thank you for your post and I enjoyed reading it. I agree with your some points that aerospace can be related to car industry. I hope it helps you motivate and enjoy this mechanical engineering course. Also, it is good that you can express your own opinions and knowledge to you groupmates to perform well for project or presentation. As you know, many people have difficulty to do a presentation in front of people. I hope you can get more confidence at the end of this module.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Seong Ung,

      Thank you for taking the time to read my letter and for the encouragement. I hope you can gain more confidence as well and we can both excel in the module together.

      Regards,
      Karim

      Delete
  3. Dear Karim,

    It was interesting to read your email and learn more about you. In terms of organization, your email was well organized. There was a lot of information regarding your strengths, limitations, and goals for the module. This was a very well-written email.

    The paragraphs were cleanly spaced and well arranged, allowing the reader to absorb the content at their own pace. The email demonstrated your excellent mastery of the English language. I hope you are able to achieve your objective and become a more confident speaker who can successfully engage the audience. I want to interact with you more in the future, and I look forward to our lessons together.

    Best regards,

    Xunjia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Xun Jia,

      Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I look forward to interacting with you more and hope you achieve your goals as well.

      Regards,
      Karim

      Delete
  4. Hey Karim,

    Thank you for sharing your experiences, your passion and the struggles you face when it comes to presentation. I'm sure many in this module would relate to just that and would love to work on it as well. Your thoughts are well articulated and are concise in this introductory letter. You paint a vivid illustration of your passion for Formula 1 and how it translates to your interest in engineering. I'm extremely happy to see that your passion for F1 and the career path you've chosen for yourself are intertwined. I sincerely hope to see you do well get into automotive or a relevant field of your choice.

    Best Regards,
    Thiyagu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Thiyagu,

      Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I appreciate your positive comments and encouragement and hope that you too will succeed in your future endeavors.

      Regards,
      Karim

      Delete

  5. Dear Karim,

    Thank you for this clear, concise and informative letter. You cover the scope of the assignment well while detailing your educational background then connecting that to your interest in Formula 1. With a fine explanation you review what makes themechanics of race cars inspirational for you. You also overview effectively your communication skills, exploring your ability to work in project groups and the difficulty you face in presenting. My immediate suggestion in terms of yours goals is that you not hesitate to share within the small group settings in class.

    Overall, this letter is also a fluent reflection that flows well.

    I look forward to learning more about you this term.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Professor Brad,

      Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I am appreciative of your valuable advice and will certainly use it improve my communication skills. I look forward to the coming lessons.

      Regards,
      Karim

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts